Dear RC17 members,
As you might know, on December 8 and 9 the International Conference on Organizational Sociology (ICOS) on “Organizations in a Plural Society” will take place in Trondheim, Norway. RC17 is co-organizing the conference together with the German section on organizational sociology and the “Organization & Society” Research Group at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology. The conference organizers received a great many submissions and selected more than 50 abstracts for presentation. Therefore, we are looking forward to an exciting and quite big conference!
Before the main conference, there will also be a Paper Development Workshop on December 7. If you are interested in submitting something, please take a look at the call below-
Furthermore, we would like to remind you that the calls for abstracts for the ISA World Congress are out and we encourage everyone to submit! More information below.
Calls for Abstracts
Call for Papers for a Pre-Conference Paper Development Workshop (PDW) at ICOS 2022 on December 7
Deadline for submission of short papers (approx. 5 pages) or full papers (10-30 pages) is 15 September 2022.
In the run-up to the 2022 ICOS-conference, a half-day Paper Development Workshop (PDW) will be held on 7 December 2022. The aim of this workshop is the discussion and further development of not yet published manuscripts in the field of organizational sociology possibly related but not limited to the conference’s topic ORGANIZATIONS IN A PLURAL SOCIETY (for the respective call see the ICOS webpage).
We call for submission of short papers (approx. 5 pages) or full papers (10-30 pages). The PDW is open to the entire diversity of organizational sociology and is intended for researchers at all career stages. We welcome submissions from doctoral students as well as postdoctoral fellows and professors.
The full Call for Papers can be found here: https://www.icos2022.com/pdw-cfp/
Call for Abstracts for the hybrid ISA World Congress of Sociology, Melbourne, June 25-July1, 2023
Deadline for submission of abstracts (max. 300 words) is September 30, 2022, 24:00 GMT
RC17 is delighted to invite you to submit your abstracts to the following themes. All sessions accept submissions in English, many also in French and Spanish. The conference will take place in a hybrid format, meaning that you can choose to either participate in person on site or digitally.
- (Meta)Theorizing in Organizational Sociology
- Accountability and Sustainable Transitions: Toward an Integrated Analysis of Sociopolitical and Ecological Risks
- Crisis and State Capacities
- Going Beyond Organisational Professionalism. Exploring the Role of Work Settings for Professionals in the Digitalised Era
- Historical Sociology of Organizations
- How Organizations Make People: Identities, Subjectivities, and Agencies
- Meta-Organizations, Meta-Organizing and Grand Challenges
- More Than a Buzzword: Wellbeing in Uniformed Organizations
- Organising Precarity and Inequality in the Gig Economy
- Organizational Networks: Innovation and Learning in Response of Organizational Challenges
- Organizations and Digital Innovation
- Organizing through Standards and Value Hierarchies
- Whistleblowing and Social Justice
The call for abstracts for each theme can be found here:
For more information about the ISA World Congress of Sociology 2023, please visit:
Spread the word and see you in Melbourne/virtually!
RC17 Program Coordinators:
Robert VAN KRIEKEN, University of Sydney, Australia, firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael GROTHE-HAMMER, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway, email@example.com