Dear RC17 members,
The IV ISA Forum of Sociology is approaching fast. On February 23, the Forum will begin featuring over 800 online sessions with more than 3000 contributions, and we are excited to be part of this. RC17 offers 14 sessions on 10 topics featuring presentations from scholars around the globe. You will find more information on the sessions below. Note that attendee registration is now open. We are looking forward to seeing many of you soon during the Forum!
If you have any suggestions, announcements, publications, or call for papers for the next newsletter, please contact our newsletter editor Michael Grothe-Hammer (Michael.email@example.com).
ISA Forum of Sociology
Attendee Registration is open
Everyone interested in attending the ISA Forum can now register here: https://isaconf.confex.com/isaconf/forum2020/registration/call.cgi
ISA offers regular registration fees as well as a view-only option. The view-only fee is 50$ regularly and 25$ for students.
RC17 Conference Program
Here you can find the RC17 program for the ISA Forum 2021. Times are in Brasília Time. ISA has a timetable with an overview of different timezones: https://www.isa-sociology.org/en/conferences/forum/porto-alegre-2021/timetable-2021
Wednesday, 24 February 2021
- 09:00 – 10:30 The Continuing Relevance of Bureaucratic Organization
- 10:45 – 12:15 The Relevance of Meta-Organizations. Part I
- 14:15 – 15:45 The Relevance of Meta-Organizations. Part II
- 16:00 – 17:30 Sociology of Organizations: Contributions from Latin América
Thursday, 25 February 2021
- 09:00 – 10:30 RC17 Business Meeting
- 10:45 – 12:15 Organization and Decision: Implications for Organization Theory
- 14:15 – 15:45 Professional Occupations and Organization.
Friday, 26 February 2021
- 09:00 – 10:30 Governing Value(s) and Organizing through Standards Part I
- 10:45 – 12:15 Organized Collective Action: Building Bridges from Social Movements and Formal Organizations. Part I
- 14:15 – 15:45 Organized Collective Action: Building Bridges from Social Movements and Formal Organizations. Part II
Saturday, 27 February 2021
- 09:00 – 10:30 Organization and Migration: Current Entanglements. Part I
- 10:45 – 12:15 Organization and Migration: Current Entanglements. Part II
- 14:15 – 15:45 Writing for Publication in Organization Studies
Sunday, 28 February 2021
- 09:00 – 10:30 Governing Value(s) and Organizing through Standards Part III
- 10:45 – 12:15 Collaborative Management between State Organizations and Civil Society
Writing for Publication in Organization Studies
One particular session we would like to highlight is the session “Writing for Publication in Organization Studies”: https://isaconf.confex.com/isaconf/forum2020/meetingapp.cgi/Session/13551 . This will not be a “regular” session featuring normal presentations. Instead, at least two experienced organizational sociologists, Paul du Gay (Copenhagen Business School) and Robert van Krieken (University of Sydney), will outline the most important aspects of their experience of writing for the publication in organization studies, and they will provide helpful advice in response to questions that session participants raise about difficulties and obstacles that they might have encountered. Anyone interested in publishing organizational sociology is welcome to attend this session and engage in discussion with the presenters.
Call for Contributions to our Newsletter
If you have anything for the newsletter, please send it to our Newsletter editor Michael Grothe-Hammer (Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org). Do also not hesitate to contact Michael, if you have any other suggestions regarding our Newsletter.